Insolvency & Restructuring
Businesses will face financial challenges at some point and very often through no fault of their own. Whether it is a client or customer owing you money, losing a contract or an unforeseen change in market conditions, you may need to look at different solutions to ensure that your business can continue, survive and thrive. Alternatively, you may be looking to wind down your business in the most appropriate way. With many options available we will ensure that you receive the best advice for your individual circumstances.
Whether you are a creditor, a business owner, director or an insolvency practitioner, we can help you reach a resolution to the issues you are facing as quickly as possible.
We provide dedicated advice across a broad range of insolvency and restructuring matters and we deliver solutions to clients at local, regional and national levels. We act for insolvency practitioners, directors, shareholders, lenders and other stakeholders on a wide range of insolvency and restructuring issues particularly those involving property related assets.
We work with our clients on all types of insolvency arrangements which range from maximising the prospects of survival for a company or its business to ensuring the best possible return for its creditors and shareholders. We undertake a mix of contentious and non-contentious work including:
- Liquidations both voluntary and compulsory
- Schemes of Arrangement
- Disposals of company assets and businesses by way of asset sales
- Debt restructuring and refinancing through equity and/or debt raising
- Advising on directors’ duties
- Enforcement options available to lenders and other creditors
- Property title and security reviews for the purpose of evaluating the strength of security for existing secured loans and the quality of title available to secure the advancement of fresh financing
- Property portfolio refinancing and restructuring
- Insolvency related litigation
- Retention of title claims
- Applications to Court for restriction and disqualification of directors
- Applications to Court for the appointment of liquidators
- Attendance at creditors meetings
- Pursuing directors on foot of reckless trading and fraudulent trading actions